The climate is a long-term pattern of weather in a particular area. Each climate has a different scenario that affects gameplay. Just like the real world, the game has several different types of climates, such as deserts, forests, and grasslands.
- Sandy Desert - -60% of supply, can kill 1% of your army every time you stay in the sand desert. And has -80% of food production meaning starvation and famine is highly a problem. Needs to be in Sahara, Arabia and possibly the American desert.
- Rocky Desert - -30% of supply, can kill 0.5% of your army every time you stay in the Rocky desert. Has -50% of food production, due to starvation. Needs to be in the Moroccan mountains, Anatolia, South African Desert and Central Australia.
- Rainforest - Has +10% food production, offensive bonuses are reduced to -10% and can get 0.5% of your army lost until you have 10 techs of infrastructure.
Grassland and Plain Type
- Flood Plains - Has +20% of food production, will stop until 1800. Flood Plains may have valuable luxury resources.
- Marsh - Has -30% of food production, -20% building production and -30% supply. It will kill 0.75% of your army if it stays in the Marsh province. Needs to be in partial zones of Florida, Amazon and Netherlands.
Winters can be in levels, minor, moderate, major and severe. But they will slow down food production and army supply and even killing the army slowly. But be careful on attacking in winter before the 19th-20th century, try to plan in a spring campaign. Can happen every five years (once 1500).
- Minor - -10% food production, 0.5% of the army gets killed per turn.
- Moderate - -20% food production, -15% supply and -1% of the army gets killed per turn. Low chance of a blizzard event happen. (25%)
- Major - -25% food production, -35% supply and -2.5% of the army killed per turn. Medium chance of a blizzard event. (50%)
- Severe - -50% food production, -50% supply and -7.25% of the army killed per turn. High chance of a blizzard event. (90%)
To prevent this, you must wait until 1900 with requirement of 80 techs of Infrastructure and 70 techs of Science. W.I.P.